Mariners Press Release
Mariners open Safeco Field Interleague schedule against iconic Los Angeles Dodgers franchise
Felix Hernandez Bobblehead Night, Edgar Martinez Foundation Night, Little League Day and Father's Day Mariners Fishing Caps highlight 3-team Interleague homestand.
LEADING OFF: The Mariners return home from a 3-city, 9-game road trip to face the Los Angeles Dodgers (3 G) starting Friday in a series that will feature 2011 NL Cy Young Award winner Clayton Kershaw. The iconic Dodgers franchise will be making its first visit to Seattle since 2000 when the Mariners took two of three from Los Angeles. The Dodgers currently have the best record in Major League Baseball and are being carried offensively by MVP candidate Matt Kemp and outfielder Andre Ethier.
ON DECK: The Mariners will continue their Interleague homestand with three games against the San Diego Padres starting Tuesday before closing the homestand against another iconic franchise, the San Francisco Giants, starting Friday, June 15. There are plenty of ticket promotions for the three-game series vs. the Dodgers (see below) and great seats are available for every game against the Padres and Giants. For details about the best ticket deals, visit Mariners.com/tickets.
FRIDAY, JUNE 8 VS. DODGERS – 7:10 PM
- Edgar Martinez will throw out the ceremonial first pitch as part of the Mariners season-long 35th Anniversary Celebration.
- The Martinez Foundation Night – A portion of the proceeds from the tickets purchased through the special offer on Mariners.com/Edgar will benefit The Martinez Foundation. View reserved tickets $20 and Field Level for $40.
- Martinez Foundation Silent Auction – The Martinez Foundation will have a silent auction on the main level of the stadium with proceeds benefiting the Martinez Foundation which strives to strengthen our communities by providing underserved populations with educational opportunities.
SATURDAY, JUNE 9 VS. DODGERS – 4:15 PM
- Former Mariners pitcher Mike Jackson will throw out the first pitch as part of the Mariners season-long 35th Anniversary Celebration. Jackson spent five seasons with the Mariners (1988-91, 96), ranks second in club history with 335 pitching appearances. He accumulated 34 saves and a 3.38 ERA with 383 strikeouts with Seattle.
- Mariners Care Silent Auction. Every Saturday home game the Seattle Mariners will be hosting a Silent Auction to benefit Mariners Care. Select memorabilia including autographed baseballs, game-used bats, autographed jerseys worn in the Mariners TV commercials and other items. Fans can go to Section 128 to participate.
SUNDAY, JUNE 10 VS. DODGERS – 1:10 PM
- Little League Day, Jesus Montero Poster – Mariners are proud to salute Little Leaguers from around the Northwest for the second Little League Day celebration of the season. All kids 14 and under will take home a poster featuring Mariners catcher Jesus Montero presented by Aquafina. A pre-game parade for Little Leaguers and their families will start at 11:30.
- Senior Special Day – Fans 60 and over receive $5 off select View Level seats or $10 off select Main Level seats. Available at the Safeco Field box office and Mariners Team Stores with a valid ID. One ticket per senior per game.