Phillies Press Release
This Weekend at Citizens Bank Park (August 10-12)
Phillies legends return for weekend of fan festivities
NOTE: Tickets are available for the Cardinals series at phillies.com. Standing room only tickets will go on sale at 4:00 p.m. for games on August 10 and 11 … and at 9:00 a.m. for the game on August 12.
Online: Follow the action before and during the game on facebook.com/phillies, @philaphillies and @phillies.
Phans Feeding Families: Help all summer long! Fans can purchase the 2012 Fans Feeding Families pin at the Majestic Clubhouse Store, the Mitchell and Ness Alley Store and Phillies Newsstands. Proceeds benefit Philabundance.
Citizens Bank Glove Drive: Fans are encouraged to donate new and gently used gloves all season long at the Citizens Bank kiosk in Ashburn Alley to benefit children in the Phillies Jr. RBI League.
Traffic/Transit: Motorists are reminded they can log on to www.511pa.com, www.511nj.org or call 511 from any phone before or after the game to check traffic conditions on major highways surrounding the Sports Complex. Transit services are also available … for a SEPTA schedule please visit www.septa.org. **Please note dual events Saturday (see below for details)**
“Need Help?” Text Service: If there is a medical, security or cleaning emergency during home games at Citizens Bank Park, fans can text the word "PHILLIES" [space], with issue and location to 69050. The Phillies will automatically reply with a text with how they will respond.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS (August 10-12)
FRIDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley – 4:35 p.m.; Other gates – 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, WDAS 1480 AM (Spanish).
6:50 p.m., Wall of Fame Induction Ceremonies for Mike Lieberthal, live on phillies.com. Two-time National League All-Star catcher Mike Lieberthal will be inducted into the Phillies Wall of Fame during a special pre-game ceremony.
- Wall of Famers return to honor their fellow Phillie including: Hall of Famers Steve Carlton (1989) and Mike Schmidt (1990), as well as Larry Bowa (1991), Curt Simmons (1993), Dick Allen (1994), Greg Luzinski (1998), Garry Maddox (2001), Tony Taylor (2002), Bob Boone (2005), Dallas Green (2006), Juan Samuel (2008), Darren Daulton (2010) and John Kruk (2011).
- A 14"x 20" cast bronze plaque of Lieberthal will be added to the Toyota Wall of Fame display located in the Memory Lane section of Ashburn Alley.
- All fans will receive a commemorative print of Lieberthal, courtesy of Toyota.
- First Ball: Paul Muller, President of Tri-State Toyota Dealers Association.
- Check Presentation by Jimmy and Johari Rollins to the Arthritis Foundation and the Rollins Family Foundation with the proceeds from the 7th Annual Rollins BaseBOWL Tournament.
- National Anthem: Pretzel City Barbershop Chorus (Reading, PA).
- Color Guard: Civil Air Patrol Squadron 904 (Quakertown, PA).
- Player Ticket Program: Lee’s VIPs – Cliff Lee will host children from CHOP.
SATURDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley – 4:35 p.m.; Other gates – 5:05 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, MEGA 1310 AM (Spanish).
- 6:30 p.m. Toyota Alumni Night Pre-Game Ceremonies, live on phillies.com. More than 45 former Phillies - representing eight decades - will be introduced on the field, including Hall of Famers Steve Carlton and Mike Schmidt.
- First Ball: Tim McCarver will be honored for his recent induction in the Hall of Fame.
- First Ball: Bob McCormick representing the Tri-State Dealers Association.
- Presentation of the John Vukovich Award to Carlos Arroyo, minor league rehab pitching coach. Vincent Vukovich, son of the late Phillies player and coach John Vukovich, along with his son John Vukovich III, will present the award.
- 3:30 p.m. Stephen Starr-Garry Maddox Barbecue Challenge. Citizens Bank Way, free and open to the public. Restaurant teams and pit master teams will compete for the region's best barbecue. Celebrity judges include broadcasters Gary Matthews and Larry Andersen, plus former players Bob Boone, Marty Bystrom, Larry Christenson, Terry Harmon, Greg Luzinski and Del Unser.
- National Anthem: St. Paul’s Brass Quintet.
- Special Welcome: Frankie’s Fight and Fritz Family Fundraiser.
- Traffic/Parking Alert: There will be multiple events in the Sports Complex (soccer match-Real Madrid vs. Celtic at 2:00 p.m.) please be aware that the parking rate will be $25 prior to 3 p.m. The normal $15 rate will be in effect after 3 p.m. for Phillies fans. High traffic volume may be experienced in the sports complex area around 4:30 p.m. as soccer fans exit the match. Fans are encouraged to plan ahead.
- Player Ticket Program: Hamels’ Heroes.
SUNDAY: 1:35 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley – 11:05 a.m.; Other gates – 11:35 a.m. … Broadcast: PHL 17, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, WDAS 1480 AM (Spanish).
- Alumni Surprises! Fans are urged to be on the lookout all around the ballpark before and during the game – you never know where you might bump into your favorite Phillies alumni!
- Phillies Charities Silent Auction, First Base Gate, 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Features autographed memorabilia from current and former Phillies players.
- Book Signing: Shibe Park-Connie Mack Stadium and Tales from the Phillies Dugout by Rich Westcott, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Phillies NewsStand Behind Section 111 on the Main Concourse.
- Baseball Tomorrow Fund Glove Drive. Fans are asked to bring new or gently used baseball gloves to benefit Pitch In for Baseball.
- National Anthem: Coventry Community Chorus (Boyertown, PA).
- God Bless America performed by WXPN’s Kingsfoil.
- Earlier in the Day: Home Run Derby – Youngsters who participated in the Home Run Derby regionals will compete from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.