Braves Press Release
The 2013 Atlanta Braves Country Caravan, Presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors, Rolls Through The Southeast; January 22 – February 2
Community visits, meet and greets and autograph sessions are planned
ATLANTA – In anticipation of the 2013 Major League season, the Atlanta Braves Country Caravan, presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors, will roll through the Southeast January 22 – February 2. For two weeks, Braves players, coaches, broadcasters and front office staff will hit the road traveling nearly 3000 miles of Braves country to meet and greet fans prior to taking off for Spring Training.
The Braves Country Caravan provides the opportunity to engage fans with players, coaches and broadcasters to create lasting memories in each of its stops. Throughout the planned visits, the Caravan will make community appearances, as well as host free public autograph signings at Academy Sports + Outdoors stores and Taco Mac locations throughout the Southeast.
“We look forward to our annual Braves Country Caravan as a time to provide our fans throughout the Southeast an opportunity to interact with our manager, coaches and players and to express our gratitude for their loyalty and support. This is one special way we can show our appreciation to some of the most passionate and dedicated baseball fans in the world,” said Atlanta Braves President John Schuerholz.
Additional details for each market and a full lineup of scheduled appearances and participants will be announced at a later date.
2013 Braves Country Caravan Tour Schedule:
- Tuesday, January 22 – Atlanta, GA
- Wednesday, January 23 – Atlanta, GA
- Thursday, January 24 – Augusta, GA and Columbia, SC
- Friday, January 25 – Gwinnett County, GA
- Saturday, January 26 – Montgomery and Auburn, AL
- Sunday, January 27 –Nashville, TN
- Monday, January 28 – Rome and Dalton, GA
- Tuesday, January 29 – Greenville, SC
- Wednesday, January 30 – Charlotte, NC and Rock Hill, SC
- Thursday, January 31 – Atlanta and Hiram, GA
- Friday, February 1 – Birmingham, AL
- Saturday, February 2 –Valdosta and Warner Robins, GA