8/14/2013 12:54 P.M. ET
September is Fan Appreciation Month at Safeco Field
Seattle Mariners thank fans with a month of special events and promotions at the ballpark
By / MLB.com
The Seattle Mariners are expanding Fan Appreciation Night, an annual season-ending event, to the entire month of September with additional specials and ballpark experiences to show the club's appreciation for the support Mariners season ticket holders and fans have given the team this season.
"All season long, Mariners fans have stayed 'true to the blue,' and this is a unique way for us to say thanks. We usually close out each season with Fan Appreciation Night and Kids Appreciation Day. But this year, the celebration will be expanded to the entire month of September," said Kevin Martinez, Seattle Mariners Vice President of Marketing.
Postgame Fireworks Added to Fan Appreciation Night
An already special night just got better with the addition of a third postgame fireworks show on Friday, September 27, Fan Appreciation Night. Along with the usual drawings for great prizes throughout the game, including a 2013 Ford CMAX hybrid car, fans will be treated to a postgame fireworks show after the Mariners meet the Oakland A's.
Kids Eat Free Weekends
During the two weekend series in September, all kids 14 and younger in attendance will receive a special voucher redeemable that day for a free hot dog and Pepsi brand soft drink. The vouchers will be available for the Saturday and Sunday games against Tampa Bay (September 7-8), and Oakland A's (September 28-29).
In addition, all kids are invited to run around the bases after the game on Sunday, September 8, courtesy of KeyBank. Sunday, September 29, is Kids Appreciation Day presented by Ivar's & Kidd Valley, with great prizes just for kids, a pregame parade around the field, an appearance by mascots from around the Northwest and a special Fan Zone with face painters, balloon artists, a Mariners prize wheel and more.
Season Ticket Holder Specials
A variety of exclusive special offers and experiences are in store for Mariners season ticket holders during Fan Appreciation Month, including:
- $10 added value on original tickets for each game, which can be redeemed in September for food and merchandise at Safeco Field.
- Additional season ticket holder discounts on select items at Mariners Team Stores for every game in September.
- Exclusive season ticket holder early gate opening (4:10pm) on Fan Appreciation Night (Sept. 27).
- Memorable experiences and free seat upgrades through MLB.com's At the Ballpark free app.
College Night September 6
A second College Night has been added to the schedule. In addition to the already scheduled September 27 College Night, students will be able to buy select View Level seats for $8 in advance on Friday, September 6, when the Mariners take on the Tampa Bay Rays.
Other special events throughout the month of September include Mariners Team Store discounts and merchandise specials for all fans, and the chance to register for a variety of experiences at Safeco Field available through MLB.com's At the Ballpark free app for iPhone, iPod Touch and Android smart phones. Opportunities include a chance to meet Edgar Martinez at Edgar's Cantina, free seat upgrades, wine tasting at First Base Vine on the Main Concourse with Chef Ethan Stowell, and more. More information about the At the Ballpark special experiences will be announced in the coming weeks.
Information about Fan Appreciation Month, including all Team Store special offers, is available at mariners.com/thanks.
Mariners schedule at a glance:
- Friday, September 6 vs. Tampa Bay Rays, 7:10pm. College Night.
- Saturday, September 7 vs. Tampa Bay Rays, 6:10pm. Salute to Latin American Beisbol Night. Kids Eat Free.
- Sunday, September 8 vs. Tampa Bay Rays, 1:10pm. Kids Cap Day, Kids Eat Free, KeyBank Kids Run Around the Bases (postgame).
- Monday, September 9 vs. Houston Astros, 7:10pm. BECU Family Night.
- Tuesday, September 10 vs. Houston Astros, 7:10pm.
- Wednesday, September 11 vs. Houston Astros, 7:10pm. Safeco Insurance Grand Slam Family Package Night.
- Monday, September 23 vs. Kansas City Royals, 7:10pm. BECU Family Night.
- Tuesday, September 24 vs. Kansas City Royals, 7:10pm. Oktoberfest.
- Wednesday, September 25 vs. Kansas City Royals, 7:10pm. Safeco Insurance Grand Slam Family Package Night.
- Friday, September 27 vs. Oakland A's, 7:10pm. Fan Appreciation Night with postgame Fireworks. College Night.
- Saturday, September 28 vs. Oakland A's, 1:10pm. Kids Eat Free, BASF Sustainable Saturday with Kitchen Catcher giveaway.
- Sunday, September 29 vs. Oakland A's, 1:10pm. Kids Appreciation Day, Kids Eat Free, KeyBank Kids Run Around the Bases (postgame).
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.