1/13/2014 2:32 P.M. ET
Robinson Cano to headline 16th Annual Mariners FanFest
FanFest is Saturday and Sunday, January 25-26, 2014
By / MLB.com
The 16th Annual Seattle Mariners FanFest is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, January 25-26, 2014 at Safeco Field. Among those scheduled to appear at the two-day event are new Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano, catcher Mike Zunino, outfielder Michael Saunders, pitchers Tom Wilhelmsen, James Paxton and Taijuan Walker, infielder Brad Miller, and new Mariners Logan Morrison and Corey Hart. New manager Lloyd McClendon will also participate.
FanFest tickets are on sale now at mariners.com and at Mariners Team Stores. Again this year, all kids 14 and younger are free. Adults are $10. FanFest hours each day are from 11am-4pm. Parking will be available at the Safeco Field garage for $5 in advance and $10 at the door. Tickets for FanFest will also be available in person at the Safeco Field ticket windows on event days.
Opening Night Tickets Pre-Sale
Tickets to the Mariners Opening Night on April 8, against the Los Angeles Angels, will be available during a special pre-sale leading up to and during FanFest:
- Mariners season ticket holders -- 12 pm, Thursday, January, 23 (online only)
- Mariners Mail subscribers, Mariners social media followers, Ticketmaster subscribers -- 12pm, Friday, January 24 (online only)
- All fans - 10am, Saturday, January 25 until 11:59 pm, Monday, January 27. (Safeco Field box office, Mariners Team Stores and mariners.com/tickets)
- Opening Night tickets will be available again starting Saturday, March 8, when Mariners 2014 single game tickets go on sale to the public.
In addition to current and former Mariners players, fans will have a chance to meet some of the Mariners top minor league prospects. This year's Future Mariners include Stefen Romero, Chris Taylor, Carson Smith and D.J. Peterson.
Outfielder Stefen Romero spent almost the entire 2013 season at Triple A Tacoma where he batted .277 with 51 runs scored, 23 doubles, 11 home runs and 74 RBI. He was a "Fall Star" at the Arizona Fall League All-Star Game in October where he hit two opposite field home runs, helping the West to a 9-2 win.
Chris Taylor was the Mariners 2013 Minor League Player of the Year. The 23-year old infielder hit .314 with 108 runs scored (third among all minor league players), 28 doubles, 11 triples and eight home runs. He also drew 84 walks and notched 38 stolen bases (second among all Mariners minor leaguers). Taylor was the Mariners 5th round selection in the 2012 MLB draft.
Carson Smith was named Mariners minor league Relief Pitcher of the Year. The right-handed reliever was 1-3 with 15 saves and a 1.80 ERA in 44 appearances with the Jackson Generals (AA). Smith tallied 71 strikeouts, including a stretch of at least one batter in 39 of 44 appearances, including 21 multi-strikeout performances. Smith was the Mariners 8th round selection in the 2011 MLB draft out of Texas State University.
D.J. Peterson was selected by the Mariners 12th overall in the June 2013 draft out of the University of New Mexico. Peterson was hitting .303 with 36 runs scored, 11 doubles, 1 triple, 13 home runs and 47 RBI in 55 games combined between Short-A Everett and Single-A Clinton when he was injured. Peterson underwent surgery for a fractured left mandible on August 23.
FanFest highlights will include:
- Dugout Dialogue with Mariner players, coaches and Front Office personnel (streamed live on mariners.com)
- Get autographs
- Run the bases
- Tour the Mariners Clubhouse
- Ride the Safeco Field Zip Line (Due to popular demand, a second Zip Line has been added!)
- Throw a pitch in the bullpen
- Play carnival games in the Kids Fun Zone
- Hit against a simulated Felix Hernandez fastball in the visitor clubhouse batting cage
- Tools of the Trade - swing an actual bat and try on game-used batting gloves
During FanFest Weekend, Mariners account representatives will be available to help with 2014 season ticket packages and locations. During "Select-a-Seat" fans will be able to "try-out" seat locations for all ticket packages and in all areas of the ballpark including the KeyBank Diamond Club, All-Star Club and Terrace Club. Account representatives will be at Edgar's Home Run Porch above left field and at Section 128 on the Main Concourse with information about ticket options. For more information on season ticket plans go to www.mariners.com, or call 206-346-4001.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.